Sunday 20 July 2014

Sew Over It party

After a few weeks of hectic renovations and a holiday I thought i'd come back to the blog with a quick post. Coming up in the next few weeks i'll be posting about my maxi dress from a freehand pattern cutting class with Chinelo Bally, Mathilde top and my first attempt at pattern drafting an entire dress!

On Friday I spent a fun evening at the Sew Over It shop with lots of lovely sewing bloggers. Lisa hosted a great party with cocktails and cakes. We also had fun making lampshades too. It was great to catch up with friends and meet some new faces too. 

Here are some photos of the evening ...


Enjoying some cocktails, wine and party food!





Lisa and Tugba gave us a demonstration on how to make our lampshades.


Lisa provided all the materials including a selection of beautiful fabrics from the shop. I chose a lovely red, pink and peach floral fabric on navy to make my lampshade. We all paired up with a 'lampshade sewing buddy' to help us put it together. I paired up with Nissa and we took it in turns to make our lampshades.


Rachel (House of Pinheiro), Ami (Little Tailoress), Nissa (Sew Short Nissa), Charlie (This Blog Is Not For You) and Fiona (Diary of a Chain Stitcher) making lampshades at our table.


Here are our finished shades, such a simple and satisfying make, even after a few cocktails!


Tilly (Tilly and the Buttons), Emmie (Vintage Ink Fairy) and Lauren (Crafty little bugger) making their lampshades.


Ta Da! Here is the finished shade. I can't wait to have it in my lounge (once the renovations are complete of course!)

A big thanks to Lisa for hosting and Alex and Tugba for helping out on the night. Everyone had a great time and hope that we'll get the chance to meet up again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment