Saturday, 18 October 2014

Perfect pattern parcel 6 - Julia cardigan by Mouse House Creations



Yesterday Perfect Pattern Parcel 6 launched. This Parcel is made up of five womens patterns and a bonus sixth pattern. To promote the Parcel I made the Julia Cardigan by Mouse House Creations. There are loads of bloggers taking part this time so don't forget to check out what they will be making over the next few weeks. 

What is Perfect Pattern Parcel?
Here at Perfect Pattern Parcel, we believe in supporting independent pattern designers. It’s our opinion that indie patterns are just, well, better than big box patterns, and we’re pretty sure our customers think so too. So, we allow customers to show their support in naming their own price for each Parcel.  We also encourage customers to allocate part of their Parcel price to the charity Donorschoose.org in order to help classrooms in need. Pattern Parcel donates all profits after expenses from Parcel sales to the charity as well. Together we've raised over $12,000 for classrooms in need!


Parcel #6 includes: 

BONUS PATTERN: Odette Dress by Bluegingerdoll


Bonus Pattern:
The Bonus Pattern for this Parcel is the Odette Dress by Bluegingerdoll. Vintage inspired silhouette is had two flattering necklines and a gorgeous skirt. The Odette Dress pattern goes from a size 4 through a 24!

The Perfect Pattern Parcel is a great way to support charity while getting a bundle of patterns to update your wardrobe at home. Buy the Perfect Pattern Parcel 6 here!

I made my Julia Cardigan with 3/4 length sleeves using a lovely soft off white wool from Sew Over It and chiffon for the collar from my stash.


I thought about making a more casual version first but then decided that it would be a bit different to make it from a nice textured wool that I could wear with a dress on nights out now the weather has started to get cooler or to a wedding next year in the spring. Because I chose to make it from wool I thought that the collar needed to be of a lighter weight fabric to reduce bulk.


Here I have teamed it with a vintage style dress. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out. I don't have anything like this is my wardrobe already and I can see myself wearing it plenty of times over the next few months.







What have you been inspired to make?

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I love your Julia! What a fabulous idea. And that dress is stunning on you! Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete