Saturday, 17 May 2014

Fabric and button shopping in Montmartre, Paris!


Last weekend, I was lucky enough to spend in Paris with friends on a mini-break.

Naturally, I wanted to check out the fabric and haberdashery offerings!

My friend Helen and I had done a bit of research before we went about where was best to go. We were both keen to visit this amazing button shop, which we had read about, Dam Boutons.



The shop has an unbelievable choice of buttons, arranged by colour or theme in a range of sizes and colours from the traditional to the novelty.









That's probably enough button photos for now : )

Montmartre is also good for fabric shopping, as is the close by 9th District. In Montmartre there is a wide range of fabric shops in both quality and price. There is certainly plenty of discount fabric shops. One we visited sold bolt ends of around 2 - 3m in size at fixed discount prices. I got a 3m piece of some really nice floral cream and green chiffon for £12.




Although we didn't have that long to spend fabric shopping, I could have spent a whole day there wandering round in and out of the shops. I think a fabric buying Paris trip is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment