Tuesday, 18 February 2014

This week I have been sewing ... the Georgia dress using a pattern from By Hand London



This week I finished sewing my Georgia dress, the latest pattern from By Hand LondonThe dress comes with three variations in length and straps, I chose option 2, with a shorter dress and skinny straps. The instructions are helpful and easy to follow. I also love the way these patterns are packaged.



I chose to use a Liberty Print jersey fabric, which meant that I didn't need to include a zip, as the fabric is so stretchy. 



I had to modify the bust part of the bodice to fit, handily there is a online tutorial from By Hand London on how to do this.



Another time saving step when using jersey fabrics is that I didn't need to zigzag the seams and could just press them open.




I also decided to taper the skirt lines to give a more curved retro look to my dress and I am pleased with the results. I can't wait for spring to try this dress out!






If you fancy giving the Georgia dress a go yourself, By Hand London has a sewalong available online - a great way to get extra tips and advice on sewing your dress together.

I am looking forward to the release of their next pattern at the end of February/ start of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment