Tuesday, 18 February 2014

This week I have been knitting ... a poppy tea cosy by The KnitKnacks

This week I finished sewing my poppy tea cosy, which I started in a class I went to at the Village Haberdashery in West Hampstead, London. I only managed to knit about half of the tea cosy in the class, so I thought it was about time I finished it.



The class at the Village Haberdashery was for an afternoon and taught by Monica Russell who designs knitting kits and writes knitting pattern books (a.k.a The KnitKnacks). The poppy design comes in both purple and red options.


The base of the tea cosy is ribbed using both knit and purl stitches. 



The most difficult part of the pattern was the flowers because of the need to change wool colours to create the flower design.


It was also a bit tricky to reduce the stitches at the top of the tea cosy but the resulting ribbed effect is worth it.



After I had knitted two identical sides for the tea cosy I threaded all the loose wool through the back of knitted rows.



All that was then left was to sew the sides together, making sure to leave room for the handle and tea spout! 


It fits my Cath Kidston tea pot perfectly!





No comments:

Post a Comment