Monday, 17 February 2014

The Decorative Living Fair, Chelsea Old Town Hall, London.


The Decorative Living Fair at the Chelsea Old Town Hall had over 50 exhibitors. The Hall is such a lovely setting for interior shows and this is the first year the Decorative Living Fair has ventured out of its usual venue at Eridge Park near Tunbridge Wells in Kent. 

Source: Decorative living fair

For sale were a range of decorative items from designer-makers such as Home Front Vintage, who create lovely 1950s inspired vintage gifts using military silk maps.

Source: Homefront Vintage

I was also taken by Applestow, who create striking wall-hanging silhouettes from sustainably sourced plywood in a range of designs from trees to elephants. My favourite has to be the full sized Labrador, which of course comes in black, golden and chocolate!

Source: Applestow

My favourite exhibit of the day was by Sonia from The Old Haberdashery, a lovely curated collection of wonderful vintage haberdashery finds. 


I couldn’t resist coming home with a stunning set of vintage German glass buttons, and to do them justice, I may well have to make a 1960s coat to stitch them onto! When I am next travelling south, I will be sure to stop by at her shop in Ticehurst, East Sussex.



October 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment